Recent blog posts
- Western Digital is unSMART
- Interesting Outcomes of Assumption-Laden Perception: 2001 A Save Theodicy
- A Review of Dwolla
- What First (or Any) Time Home Buyers Need to Know About Drywood Termites
- Simple Fix for Bootcamp Partition Error: "Files cannot be moved"
- Paypal charged my credit card, without my permission, and didn't tell me about it
- 2010 iMac Target Display Mode (Mini Display Port) with 2011 Macbook Pro (Thunderbolt)
- approx 502 Bad Gateway, Connection failed errors
- A More Equitable Way to Trade Stocks? An Arbitrage-Free Exchange
- Religious Leaders Feel Threatened, Enjoy Attention
You can't reason someone out of something they weren't reasoned into.
If Christ were here there is one thing he would not be - a Christian.
Religion is regarded by the foolish as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
It only takes 20 years for a liberal to become a conservative without changing a single idea.
-Robert Anton Wilson
He who would do good to another must do it in minute particulars. General good is the plea of the scoundrel, hypocrite, and flatterer.
Progress, far from consisting in change, depends on retentiveness. Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.
...Faith: that is to say, to shut one's eyes once and for all, in order not to suffer at the sight of incurable falsity.
- Nietzsche, the Antichrist
They say, 'We do not know how this is, but we know that God can do it.' You poor fools! God can make a cow out of a tree, but has he ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so.
-William of Conches
I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use.
[Christianity has made the world] a prey to the wicked, who have found men readier, for the sake of going to paradise, to submit to blows rather than to resent them.
And don't tell me God works in mysterious ways. There's nothing so mysterious about it. He's not working at all. He's playing. Or else He's forgotten all about us. That's the kind of God you people talk about - a country bumpkin, a clumsy, bungling, brainless, conceited, uncouth hayseed. Good God, how much reverence can you have for a Supreme Being who finds it necessary to include such phenomena as phlegm and tooth decay in His divine system of creation? What in the world was running through that warped, evil, scatological mind of His when He robbed old people of the power to control their bowel movements?
-Yossarian, in Catch-22 by Joseph Heller
Life is both entirely and only what you make of it.
-attributed to many, modified by dimmer
South Park 712 - All About Mormons (79.3MB avi) (true story)
- Bad Religion - Let Them Eat War
- Bad Religion - Epiphany
- Bad Religion - Kyoto Now
- Bad Religion - Faith Alone
- Bad Religion - Come Join Us
- Bad Religion - 21st Century Digital Boy
- Bad Religion - All Good Soldiers
- Filter - Dose
- Modest Mouse - Bukowski
- XTC - Dear God
- Sarah McLachlan - Dear God (XTC Cover)